Salmon is highly nutritious and offers so many health benefits. It’s rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B, high in protein and potassium, and it’s a great anti-inflammatory food. It’s also extremely tasty, and its high protein content makes it great for weight loss as it keeps you feeling full for longer. If you’re looking for a collection of the best baked salmon recipes to add to your weekly meal plan, we’ve curated tons of ideas to inspire you. From simple lemon honey garlic, to brown sugar teriyaki, to dill, to pesto and more, you can cook these recipes in the oven, in foil packs, or on the barbeque!
6 Tips for Cooking with Salmon
- Remove bones first. If you purchase your salmon from a local seafood store, they will likely remove all of the bones for you, but if you’re buying it from your local grocery store, make sure to check for pin bones. You can easily remove these with a set of tweezers, and doing this ahead of time will make your salmon dish much more enjoyable!
- Make sure it’s dry. Once the bones have been removed, pat your salmon dry before cooking to ensure the skin doesn’t become soggy and un-appetizing.
- Use a non-stick pan. Salmon skin has a tendency to stick, so if you want a beautiful salmon filet, make sure to cook it on a non-stick pan or baking sheet.
- Cook skin-side down. Whether you’re pan-frying, grilling, or baking your salmon, placing it skin-side down will ensure the skin ends up nice and crispy.
- Be careful not to overcook! A good way to tell if your salmon is cooked to perfection is to press on it with a spatula or fork. If it starts to flake apart, that means it’s cooked. If you notice a white substance oozing from your salmon, that’s a sign it is starting to overcook.
- Get creative with foil pack meals. The beautiful thing about foil pack meals is that you can add so many other ingredients to make a delicious dinner with little to no clean-up! When you cook salmon in foil, all of the heat is trapped inside, resulting in a beautiful piece of fish with a texture that falls somewhere between poached and baked.
11 Easy Baked Salmon Recipes
Garlic Butter Baked Salmon | Diethood
Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon | I Am Baker
Creamy Spinach and Sun Dried Tomato Stuffed Salmon | Will Cook For Smiles
Honey Mustard Salmon | Rasa Malaysia
Easy Baked Teriyaki Salmon | The Wholesome Dish
Baked Salmon with Potatoes and Green Beans | Easy Weeknight Recipes
4-Ingredient Orange Salmon | Will Cook For Smiles
Garlic Parmesan Crusted Salmon | Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Sun Dried Tomato Baked Salmon | Will Cook For Smiles
Honey Dijon Baked Salmon | Mom on Timeout
Baked Asian Salmon | Mildly Meandering
11 Foil Pack Baked Salmon Recipes
Easy Basil and Lemon Baked Salmon | Evolving Table
Salmon and Asparagus with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce | Eatwell 101
Garlic Herb Salon and Zucchini | Sweet C’s
Salmon Foil Packets with Summer Vegetables | Spaceshits & Laser Beams
Tuscan Butter Salmon Foil Packs | Delish
Instant Pot Salmon Citrus Packs | $5 Dinners
Asian Salmon in Foil | Damn Delicious
Chipotle Salmon with Mango Salsa | Carlsbad Cravings
Thai Salmon in Foil | Damn Delicious
Teriyaki Salmon Foil Packs | Life Made Sweeter
Foil Pack Lime Cilantro Salmon | Averie Cooks
11 Low Carb Baked Salmon Recipes
Sheet Pan Garlic Dill Lemon Baked Salmon | Cooking LSL
Keto Creamy Lemon Garlic Salmon | Low Carb with Jennifer
Creamy Garlic Dijon Salmon | Diethood
Low Carb Teriyaki Salmon | Dr. Davinah’s Eats
Baked Salmon with Cream Cheese | The Low Carb Kitchen Magpie
Everything Bagel Low Carb Salmon | Skinny Fitalicious
Buttery Dill Baked Salmon | Wonky Wonderful
Low Carb Ginger Sesame Salmon | Sizzle and Salt
Firecracker Salmon | Yummly
Easy Oven Baked Chili Lime Salmon | Domestically Creative
Basil Parmesan-Crusted Salmon | Skinnytaste
11 Leftover Baked Salmon Recipes
Salmon Patties | Natasha’s Kitchen
Salmon Tacos with Forbidden Rice and Mango Guacamole | Ambitious Kitchen
Healthy Creamy Leftover Salmon and Potato Bake | Everyday Healthy Recipes
Quick and Easy Salmon Fried Rice | Stay Snatched
Salmon Quiche | Frugal Mom Eh!
Salmon Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce | Julia’s Album
Avocado Salmon Salad | Spend with Pennies
Corn Salmon Chowder | Reluctant Entertainer
1-Pot Honey Garlic Salmon Quinoa | Busy But Healthy
Salmon Puff | Taste of Home
Salmon Fajita Salad Boats | Half Baked Harvest
Whether you prefer to cook your salmon in the oven, on the barbeque, or over a fire, I hope these baked salmon recipes inspire you to find new and creative ways to create high protein recipes that hit the spot!